Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
FEMA enlisted AstraPouch® to create an easy-to-carry water bag for hurricane relief teams to distribute to victims before or after a hurricane strike.
Given the nature of hurricane relief, FEMA needed a pouch that was:
- Low cost and available in large volumes
- Reusable, for use before, during, and after the natural disaster
- Shipped flat, taking up the least amount of possible cargo or air pallet space
AstraPouch® designed a strong, clear 10L bag-in-box style bag (sans box) with an integrated top carrying handle. A 33mm screw cap allowed for easy removal for filling but with a tight seal for preventing spillage or contamination. The screw cap also allowed for rinsing and refilling if needed.
- Yielded 40x increase in items per air pallet
- Provided 4,000% more liquid holding capacities at 1/40 of the transportation cost
- Created a cost-effective product ready to aide future disaster sites
Do you need a custom solution?
See how AstraPouch® can help.