You plan to ski to a remote hut, climb to a panoramic vista, or paddle to a pristine shoreline. Wouldn’t it be nice to take along some wine and toast the achievement or sip slowly as you savor the surroundings? Previously that meant carrying heavy glass bottles both ways. No more – Glenora Wine Cellars has introduced wine in the AstraPouch to the US market.
The AstraPouch contains the equivalent of two bottles of wine in a lightweight, recyclable, collapsible container – perfect for those of us who enjoy adventure but still savor the taste of wine.
Both Trestle Creek Riesling and Trestle Creek Chardonnay now come in the AstraPouch. They can be ordered on-line or find them at area liquor stores.
Not convinced yet? Replacing heavy glass bottles and bulky bag in box packaging, the light weight AstraPouch is a durable, convenient and eco-friendly way to bring wine and spirits to the consumer market. Here are the facts:
- – The filled AstraPouch is 98 percent wine and only 2 percent packaging by weight
- – The 1.5L AstraPouch has an 80% lower carbon footprint than two bottles of wine
- – 1 truck load of empty AstraPouch equals 14 truck loads of empty glass bottles
- – Chills fast, 14 minutes in the AstraPouch versus 40 minutes in a glass, using less energy
- – Resealable and stays fresh for up to one month after opening
- – No cork waste
- – Avoids the “no glass at beach” rule